Re: SWIG + Libtool

From: Olly Betts
Subject: Re: SWIG + Libtool
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:30:31 +0000 (UTC)

On 2007-12-19, Dustin J. Mitchell <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to build Perl modules, constructed via SWIG, within an
> application that is otherwise built with autoconf/automake/libtool.
> Has anyone found/created a natural way to do this?

I do it like so (the XS is hand-crafted rather than SWIG-generated
but I doubt that makes much difference):

http://svn.xapian.org/Makefile.PL?root=Search-Xapian&view=markup

This Makefile.PL can either build against an installed version of
Xapian (not using libtool), or against an uninstalled tree (using
libtool) - you should be able to adapt the machinery from the
latter I think.

The fairly obvious part is to set 'LD' and 'CC' to use libtool.  The
main trick is to pass .la files in LDLOADLIBS which is set using "macro"
which avoids warnings from MakeMaker.

Cheers,
    Olly