Re: make -s

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: Re: make -s
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:17:45 -0500

On Wednesday 09 January 2008, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> * Bob Rossi wrote on Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 08:52:20PM CET:
> > When I do a 'make -s', I usually get no output from the compiler
> > commands. However with libtool, when it goes into,
> >   mkdir .libs
> > then I see the compiler output.
>
> To me, you speak in riddles.  Please just post what command you type,
> what is output, and what you expect it to output instead.  ;-)

i figured it was a known issue that no one cared about.  libtool is quite
verbose in its running and will output stuff irregardless of the verbose mode
make itself is running.  take any package that uses libtool and run:
make -s
if you see any output at all about commands being run, it is incorrect.  the
request is to have the --silent flag passed automatically to libtool if
the -s flag is passed to make.

> Ah, and which Automake and Libtool versions you use.

any version at all should behave the same
-mike