Re: GNU Libtool 2.2 released.

From: David Fang
Subject: Re: GNU Libtool 2.2 released.
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 00:39:38 -0500 (EST)

If you have an expensive bottle of champagne saved for a very special
occasion, now might be a good time to break it open...

Following almost 4 grueling years in development, the Libtool Team is
pleased to announce the final release of GNU Libtool 2.2.

Thanks for all your hard work in this undertaking. This is probably the highlight of my weekend. (Don't ask what that says about my life...)

Anyways, test results look good on powerpc-apple-darwin8:
[with automake-1.9.6, autoconf-2.60]

% ../configure --prefix=/sw --program-transform-name=s/libtool/glibtool/ --program-suffix=2 -C
% make && make -k check

All 124 tests passed
and
63 tests behaved as expected.
1 test was skipped.
(skipped #55: template test with subdirs)

Looking forward to using 2.2!

Fang

David Fang
Computer Systems Laboratory
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Cornell University
http://www.csl.cornell.edu/~fang/
        -- (2400 baud? Netscape 3.0?? lynx??? No problem!)