Re: GNU Libtool 2.2 released.

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: Re: GNU Libtool 2.2 released.
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 16:19:57 -0600

snowcrash+libtool wrote:
> hi,
>

> is this a libtool or bdb problem?  or, am i again missing a new/required step?

db's configuration requires it to know the shared library extension at
configure time, it does this by running the generated libtool script.
This does not work with libtool-2.2 because the libtool script is not
generated until config.status time. It is possible to generate one
during configure, but it does not do so by default.

I emailed the responsible person at sleepycat a couple of years ago,
they know how to fix it (they can just look at the values of some
libtool variables, they do not need to exec the script), but they expect
that you will use the libtool that they have shipped with db (or, I
guess, know how to fix it if you switch versions) and have not needed to
make any changes yet.

Why do you relibtoolize every package prior to building it?

Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman
http://pogma.com