Re: use git repository for Libtool

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: use git repository for Libtool
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 19:13:58 -0500

On 5 Mar 2008, at 15:22, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
Hello libtool list readers,

we plan to move to use git instead of CVS some time soon:
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.libtool.patches/8156>.

If anybody has a problem with this, or good ideas, suggestions,
or knows about stuff we've failed to consider, please speak up!

I'm particularly interested in whether anyone will die (well,
maybe not die exactly... but if you're life will be considerably
worse, at least) if we *don't* provide a read-only cvs mirror of
that git repository...

Git provides tools that can talk to a cvs client, so it isn't
difficult for us to do... but we can spend the time saved in
maintaining it on actual libtool development if everyone is
happy to download a nightly snapshot, or else type:

   git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/libtool.git

instead of

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/libtool co libtool

Cheers,
        Gary