MinGW linux to win32 cross compiler and the test suite

From: Erik de Castro Lopo
Subject: MinGW linux to win32 cross compiler and the test suite
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:04:00 +1100

Hi all,

I have a project that uses autoconf/automake/libtool and I'm
currently experimenting with the i586-mingw32msvc linux hosted,
win32 target cross compiler tool chain. I'm also using Wine
to do two things; allow configure tests that need to run an
executable to work correctly, execute the test suite.

The problem I'm having is that the wrapper scripts generated
by ltmain.sh in the tests/ directory cannot find the generated
DLL in the src/.lib/ directory. Is this a bug or am I doing
something wrong?

I'm using libtool version 1.5.26.

Cheers,
Erik