Re: Customizing soname

From: Alon Bar-Lev
Subject: Re: Customizing soname
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 20:22:50 +0200

On 3/27/08, Peter O'Gorman <address@hidden> wrote:
> Does automake complain if you do something like:
>
>  @PLUGIN_TARGET@: foo.lo
>         $(LIBTOOL) --mode=link --tag=CC $(CCLD) -o @PLUGIN_TARGET@ \
>         foo.lo -avoid-version -module
>
>  install-exec-hook: @PLUGIN_TARGET@
>         $(LIBTOOL) --mode=install $(INSTALL) @PLUTIN_TARGET@ \
>         $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)
>

>  ?

Hi,

Yes, I can write my own automake rules.
But then I have to reverse engineer each automake version and add
AM_CFLAGS, AM_LDFLAGS, CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, target specific flags, or
anything automake generates.

I expected libtool to allow override these kind of settings... So I
proposed to add -soname argument. I think it is very simple and may
make live easier if needed.

But if you totally against adding this I will consider maintaining
specific automake rules.

Thanks!
Alon.