Re: Announcing Dolt, a drop-in Libtool replacement which cuts build time

From: Ross Burton
Subject: Re: Announcing Dolt, a drop-in Libtool replacement which cuts build times in half
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 13:44:40 +0000 (UTC)

Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf.Wildenhues <at> gmx.de> writes:
> Curious: can you please state which Libtool version you timed against,
> and if not 2.2.x, redo timing against 2.2.2?  Not that I expect wonders,
> but I expect something better than what you measured.

I just tested this out on my laptop with Evolution Data Server:

EDS with libtool 1.5.26-3

real    4m35.934s
user    3m38.786s
sys     0m52.855s

EDS with libtool 2.1 (2.1a+cvs1.2525+20071016-1)

real    4m10.648s
user    3m37.994s
sys     0m26.578s

EDS with dolt

real    3m40.974s
user    3m4.448s
sys     0m31.406s

I realise this isn't libtool 2.2, so I'm willing to believe there are further
speedups.

Ross