Re: support of the cegcc compiler

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: support of the cegcc compiler
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:18:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, Vincent Torri wrote:

2) With those patches, libtool can now create dll's with cegcc. But I have that message when it tries to create the dll of my lib:

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lws2.

etc... saying it can not create the shared lib of my lib because the shared version of libws2 does not exist. Usually, there are 2 things to do:

Generally it is demanded that any built DLLs only depend on DLLs (for obvious reasons such as duplicate symbols and intermixing of code types) but in the past there have been certain exceptions. For example, in the MinGW build, the C++ standard library did not support throwing exceptions out of a DLL so it was built as static. In that case libstdc++ was treated as a special case. At least that is how I remember it.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn