Re: move to git

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: move to git
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 21:31:10 -0400

On 16 Apr 2008, at 18:04, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
Hello Eric, Gary,

Hallo Ralf,

* Gary V. Vaughan wrote on Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 11:51:48PM CEST:
On 16 Apr 2008, at 16:47, Eric Blake wrote:
there are now some stale tags
in savannah's libtool.git, which point to commits prior to your
various git-
filter operations (for example, the tag release-2-2-2
http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libtool.git;a=tag;h=c7bb42
points to http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?
p=libtool.git;a=commit;h=2bbe5d
rather than
http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libtool.git;a=commit;h=724f291).
Are you planning on rewinding those tags to point to something more
appropriate?  And if so, please post the new SHA1 of the tags.

Yes, I think I should do so.  How can I do it?  And what's more, what
did I forget to do so that this could happen?

Dunno, I am still a git n00b. :'(

But that's better than being a CVS veteran!

Either I'm misunderstanding you, or you're looking in the wrong place
(an old libtool.git; stale browser cache?).

Please try again, Gary.   724f29122c655bdbda845af92a3ca0cf36aaa67d is
the tree that designates 2.2.2.

Ah, the link that was giving me a 403 was picking up a spurious trailing
paren.  So now I see two near identical pages:

http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libtool.git;a=commit;h=2bbe5d
http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libtool.git;a=commit;h=724f291

The difference being that one of them, as Eric correctly noted, leads to
another page without the release-2-2-2 tag.

So my question is how did you find the stale tags?

Cheers,
        Gary
--
  ())_.              Email me: address@hidden