Re: libtool.m4 not always copied

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: Re: libtool.m4 not always copied
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:59:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

Hi Vincent,

* Vincent Torri wrote on Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 07:03:48PM CEST:

My problem is that ECHO and OBJDUMP are not defined when I'm configuring
libpng 1.2.26, while it's perfectly defined with another lib.

That typically means that you are using ltmain.sh from 2.2.x, but the
libtool.m4 macros from 1.5.x.

i've checked and ltmain.sh version is 2.2.3a and libtool.m4 contains 'cegcc' (from a patch against the cvs version of libtool).

OBJDUMP is still not expanded without cross-compiling and with libtool 1.5.24. So it's maybe a problem specific to libpng. Though i don't see why that variable is not expanded

Vincent Torri