silencing libtool and automake

From: Joachim Worringen
Subject: silencing libtool and automake
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:16:05 +0200

We use libtool/automake/configure for our builds, but autotools-builds are pretty verbose, which is not always desired. I checked that by adding the "@" silencer in the Makefiles and calling libtool with "--silent" we get what we want.

How can I create such Makefiles via autoreconf && configure?
- autoreconf honors LIBTOOLIZE env setting, but not LIBTOOL itself
- slightly off-topic: how can I tell automake to add the @-silencer? Preferably, this would be a controllable setting by using an env-variable.

 thanks, Joachim

--
Joachim Worringen, Software Architect, Dolphin Interconnect Solutions
phone ++49/(0)228/324 08 17 - http://www.dolphinics.com