Re: silencing libtool and automake

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: silencing libtool and automake
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:49:29 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, Joachim Worringen wrote:

We use libtool/automake/configure for our builds, but autotools-builds are pretty verbose, which is not always desired. I checked that by adding the "@" silencer in the Makefiles and calling libtool with "--silent" we get what we want.

Using current FSF released software and adding --silent to the libtool options, I obtain complete silence (other than compiler warnings/errors) via 'make -s'.

Based on the above, it seems likely that you are not using the current releases of the software.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn