Re: Problems with libtool 2.2.2 and /bin/sh pointing to dash

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Problems with libtool 2.2.2 and /bin/sh pointing to dash
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:44:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Ross Burton wrote:

At the moment, GTK+ does this in configure:

deplibs_check_method=`(./libtool --config; echo 'eval echo
$deplibs_check_method') | sh`
if test "x$deplibs_check_method" '!=' xpass_all || test "x$enable_static" = xyes
; then

Am I right in thinking that the first line can be removed, as initialising
libtool will have created and set the variable "deplibs_check_method"?  Was this
behaviour present in libtool 1.5?

I have not checked if this variable is identical for libtool 1.5, but yes, you can access the libtool configuration via existing variables rather than needing to consult an external libtool script. That is how I am doing it.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn