Re: what do these warnings mean: library.la was moved...

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: what do these warnings mean: library.la was moved...
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 12:22:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 5 May 2008, Ed Hartnett wrote:
file may no longer be correct.  The .la file is just a text file so
you can take a look at what is inside and even edit it to fix the
installation paths.

But I'm pretty sure that I didn't move any library.

Check the tail end of the installed .la file:

# Directory that this library needs to be installed in:
libdir='/usr/local/lib'

Is the path different than where the library actually is?

Also, I believe that library is a static library anyway, so what
difference would it make?

Probably nothing.  It is most significant for shared libraries.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn