Re: problem getting ARFLAGS to work...

From: Peter Rosin
Subject: Re: problem getting ARFLAGS to work...
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 21:49:07 +0200

Ed Hartnett skrev:
Peter Rosin <address@hidden> writes:

In order to build my library on AIX in 64-bit mode, I have to be able
to set the ARFLAGS, but I can't get that to work. No matter what I do,
my ARFLAGS are ignored, and "cru" is used.
*snip*

Libtool uses AR_FLAGS. I don't know why there's a discrepancy though...

Cheers,
Peter

Ah ha!

Thank you Peter. That works.
I will hit the sauna and stop by Old Chicago on the Perl St. Mall and
see what they have in the way of Swedish beer. If you were here, I
would buy you one, but since you are not, I will buy myself one! ;-)

Sauna, beer, mmmm, nice. It been too long...

I should mention that it wasn't yesterday that I tripped on this and
that I might misremember things, but here I go anyway...

I think that for at least one kind of library, Automake sets it up so
that Libtool creates the library but then makes updates to the lib
w/o consulting Libtool (i.e. invokes AR directly). Beware, you might
need to set *both* ARFLAGS and AR_FLAGS.

But as I indicated, I'm not 100% certain.

Cheers,
Peter