Re: Separate CPPFLAGS for static and shared libs

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: Re: Separate CPPFLAGS for static and shared libs
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 20:02:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

* Vikram Ambrose wrote on Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 03:54:35PM CEST:

However I need to pass separate CPPFLAGS to the objects destined for the
shared library as opposed to the objects destined for the library
archive.

As Andreas already replied, just use "#ifdef PIC" for shared and
"#ifndef PIC" for static code.  That usually works.

I think that it will not work with MinGW. But then you can use DLL_EXPORT.

Vincent Torri