shared libraries on darwin using Intel compiler

From: Christopher Hulbert
Subject: shared libraries on darwin using Intel compiler
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 18:23:09 -0400

In libtool 2.2.2, building shared libraries using Intel fortran
compilers seem to be disabled (although the icc compiler appears to
say yes). Thus, mixed language shared libraries or purely fortran
shared libraries can't be built. I have the intel 10.1 compilers. As a
quick way to get shared libraries working, I hacked the
_LT_LINKER_SHLIBS function for the darwin case to what's below, but
I'm sure there's a better way of doing this. What would be the more
preferable way of adding support for shared libraries using Intel
fortran compiler? I'm not sure why it works for icc but not ifort.
Using the hack below I can successfully link with the fortran linker
and build the shared library.

Chris

     darwin* | rhapsody*)
-      _LT_DARWIN_LINKER_FEATURES($1)
+      case $cc_basename in
+        icc* | ifort*)
+          GCC_save=$GCC
+          GCC=yes
+          _LT_DARWIN_LINKER_FEATURES($1)
+          GCC=$GCC_save
+          _LT_DARWIN_LINKER_FEATURES($1)
+      esac
       ;;