Re: 1 compiler (called from 2 symbolic links) -> 2 different libtool scr

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: 1 compiler (called from 2 symbolic links) -> 2 different libtool scripts
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 22:06:59 +0200

* Ethan Mallove wrote on Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 06:17:05PM CEST:
> On Thu, Jul/24/2008 09:51:20AM, Peter O'Gorman wrote:
> > Ethan Mallove wrote:
> > > Is it possible the libtool macros do things differently
> > > depending on a symlink name?
> >
> > The test is:
> > case $cc_basename in
> > CC*)
> >
> > So this does not match 'sunCC'.
> >
> > I guess we can change the test to match sunCC*|CC*).
>
> That would be very helpful.
>
> Could the test check the filename of the link target?

Not such a good idea; we've been suggesting people as workaround to add
a symlinked name, to fool libtool (e.g., gcc -> mpiCC or so).  Checking
the link target would defeat that.

If checking the name is not good enough, then verbose/help output should
be used for determining.  It is already in some cases.