Re: libtool wrapper env variable

From: Dan McMahill
Subject: Re: libtool wrapper env variable
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:03:52 -0400

Bruce Korb wrote:
But this answer belongs in the other thread since it is not related to the question in this thread (which was how to set some arbitrary environment variable automatically in the libtool wrapper script).

There isn't such a thing.  If you fully link, then you don't need
the "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" hack.  By the way, I tried that, too.  That
wound up having other breakage because various tools simply know that
users are not supposed to mess with it.  Linking with -static is
the path of least resistance.  Good luck.  Regards, Bruce

right but my other question was a completely different issue than the LD_LIBRARY_PATH one ;) It was for a variable that has a special meaning only to the particular program in question and not the linker.

-Dan