Re: Can't open configure

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Re: Can't open configure
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 03:17:42 -0400

On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 07:54 +0100, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> * Paulo J. Matos wrote on Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 10:34:30PM CET:
> > After running:
> >
> > $ rm -Rf aclocal.m4 autom4te.cache/ config.h.in config.guess
> > config.log  config.status config.sub configure depcomp install-sh
> > libtool libltdl/ ltmain.sh missing
> [...]
> > Everything seems ok now.
>
> Hmm.  When this next happens, please look at the exact time stamps of
> the files that deal with configure, and everything below autom4te.cache
> (also permissions there).  Also, you still did not tell us which system
> this was on.

I'm observing this problem on a Fedora 9 system; specifically:

        $ autoreconf
        acinclude.m4:6596: the serial number must appear before any macro
definition
        autom4te: cannot open configure: Permission denied
        autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

The autoconf version is 2.61. The libtool version is 1.5.24.

I started seeing this after modifying my project to include a local copy
of the libltdl sources. The acinclude.m4 referenced in the error message
is the one in the libltdl subdirectory created by "libtoolize --ltdl".

Blowing away autom4te.cache does not help.

Is there any more known about this issue? I can provide more details if
necessary.

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <address@hidden>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <address@hidden>