Re: IA64 HP-UX libtool / gcc question about shared libraries

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: IA64 HP-UX libtool / gcc question about shared libraries
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 16:01:01 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008, Steve Ellcey wrote:

The fix in GCC, as far as I can see would be to use -shared-libgcc when
doing links where -fopenmp is used.  Or, more drastically, change GCC to
always use the shared libgcc on IA64 HP-UX.  The IA64 HP-UX system ships
without an archive version of libc so forcing it to  use a shared libgcc
may not be unreasonable.

For many years, I have not seen it done any other way. I thought that all GCC switched to using a shared libgcc years ago.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn