DLL howto

From: Matěj Týč
Subject: DLL howto
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 14:41:36 +0100

Hi all,
I am seeking a howto regarding making DLLs for Windows. I have found
some information about DLLs here
http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/books/agaal/building_shared_libraries_once_using_autotools
some in the goat book
http://www.ensta.fr/~diam/dev/online/autoconf/autobook/autobook_252.html
and something is in the libtool manual as well.
I only fear that the goat book is seriously outdated and I don't
understand everything in the libtool manual (page 28,‘win32-dll’) since
I am not very familiar with the background. What is the meaning of
"exported with __declspec(dllexport) and imported with
__declspec(dllimport)"?
Maybe I am missing something, but I think it should be reflected more in
the libtool manual. I would like to improve that if I understand the
problem.
Regards,
Matej