Re: just how much autotools got faster, or: just forget about dolt

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: just how much autotools got faster, or: just forget about dolt
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 09:39:36 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

I doubt that the version Ralf tested is dramatically faster than the
already released libtool 2.2.6.  There is a point of diminishing
returns.

Actually, current git has a few more improvements, and I have a couple
more in mind.  I haven't measure the relative merit of them, though.

My point is that waiting for the extra rewards of 2.2.7 is not a valid reason to not upgrade ASAP to 2.2.X since 1.2.6 is already dramatically better than any 1.X.X release. Spread the word.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn