Re: problem when cross compiling with mingw32ce

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: problem when cross compiling with mingw32ce
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 07:41:00 +0100

Hello Vincent,

* Vincent Torri wrote on Sun, Dec 07, 2008 at 09:49:56AM CET:
> On Sun, 7 Dec 2008, Roumen Petrov wrote:
>
>>> the issue is that 'make install' installs no executables at all.
>>
>> Vincent, I can't reproduce with testcase from attached file
>> "lt-mingw-nowine-bootstrap.sh.gz" (Note my emulator is not in
>> /bin:/usr/bin).
>
> sorry, i was not precise enough. So:
>
> 1) with the host i586-mingw32msvc, I have the warnings and the
> installation succeeds
>
> 2) with the host mingw32ce, I have the warnings (and some errors I
> already mentioned) and the installation fails

So it's really the failed installation, that is the problem.
And the warnings are a nuisance, but no problem.

For the second case, the mingw32ce one, please show exactly the failure
output; i.e., if 'make install' fails, then copy and paste all of its
output.  Then, in that output, find the 'libtool --mode=install' command
that failed, rerun it manually (in the correct directory), with --debug
added as first argument after 'libtool'.  Copy and paste all of that
output.  Then, remove the program/library that was going to be
installed, from the build directory, so 'make' rebuilds it.  Find that
--mode=link command, and execute it with --debug as well, and post that,
too.

Please pack large outputs with gzip or bzip2.

Thanks,