Re: Error when compiling with libtool for shared libraries

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Error when compiling with libtool for shared libraries
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 21:16:43 +0100

* Jason Curl wrote on Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 07:47:43PM CET:
> I'm using libtool-2.2.6 on Cygwin and having some difficulties at the
> end. I thought I had it working, but can't figure out what changed to
> make it break.

> /.libs/lt-version.c: In function `main':
> ./.libs/lt-version.c:485: error: `_P_WAIT' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
[...]

> $ ./configure --disable-static --host=i686-pc-mingw32

That doesn't match: MinGW is not Cygwin.  If you don't cross-compile,
there is no need to specify --host.  If you cross-compile, and in this
case producing MinGW executables is more-or-less like cross compilation,
then you need to use a compiler (option) to produce non-Cygwin output
(-mno-cygwin IIRC).