git history buglet - I'm not the author of /that/...

From: Peter Rosin
Subject: git history buglet - I'm not the author of /that/...
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:40:15 +0100

Hi!

For those who cares, because they implement a cvs->git converter
or otherwise, I have noticed a minor problem in our git history.

Commits [1] and [2] are recorded we me as author, but I think
that they in fact have been written by Gary [4]. The conversion
may have been sidetracked by the fact that Gary made three
commits but only made one ChangeLog entry (he finished with [3],
which is the commit that carries the ChangeLog entry).

I think I got attributed since I was the author of the last
commit before Gary commited these patches.

So, what I'm really trying to say is: don't blame me when you
think that libtool.m4 is somewhat mysteriously located inside the
libltdl tree! ;-)
(I mean, libtool.m4 isn't exactly local to libltdl...)

Is it useful to report nitpicks like this, when the cost of
fixing is so high? I assume that we don't want to tamper with the
git history for something as minor as this, right?

Cheers,
Peter

[1]
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libtool.git/commit/?id=efe47e6656dc604ad61368e53e8a50bf2c85bd46