migrating from libtool 1.x to 2.x

From: Paul Biggar
Subject: migrating from libtool 1.x to 2.x
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 12:14:17 +0000

Hi,

I've searched the mailing list and the manual, but havent found a
solution. Essentially, it isnt clear how to upgrade from libtool 1.5.x
to libtool 2.2.x. In particular, when reading through my old
configure.ac, I'm not sure whether I should keep my old
autoconf/libtool macro invocations. For example, my configure.ac file
included this snippet:

 dnl Configure libtool
 AC_LIBLTDL_CONVENIENCE dnl build convenience library, and set LIBLTDL
 AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN dnl check for dlopen support
 AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS([libltdl])
 AC_SUBST([LTDLINCL])
 AC_SUBST([LIBLTDL])

I can see from the manual that DLOPEN is no longer required, but I'm
not clear at all on the others. Are they still necessary? (or is there
a guide you can direct me to).

Thanks,
Paul

--