Re: -no-undefined support for GNU/Linux

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: -no-undefined support for GNU/Linux
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 07:21:20 +0100

* Mike Frysinger wrote on Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 10:31:22PM CET:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool-patches/2003-06/msg00023.html

Ugh.  Well, yes, that's what I feared: that this thing would be a lot
more complicated than apparent at first.  The above has certainly seen
more testing than my simplistic patch, which has seen none so far.  :-)

The patch in that URL doesn't seem to treat -pthread on GNU/Linux
specially; it should be checked whether that is sufficient (esp.
for C++).

Using --allow-shlib-undefined might help some of the issues.

I do wonder a bit why they invented a new libtool config variable name
for this in the patch.

If you want to forward port it and test it as outlined, be our guest.