Re: Now --tag=F77 has disappeared

From: John R. Cary
Subject: Re: Now --tag=F77 has disappeared
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:46:46 -0600

Hi Ralf,

You minimal example works.  I will review our setup and see what I missed.

Thanks...John

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
[ adding bug-automake ]

Hello John,

* John R. Cary wrote on Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 05:07:17PM CET:
Thanks, Ralf, for your latest patch. I applied this to automake-1.10.2. Now
--tag=FC shows up for FC code, but there is no tag for F77 (.F, .f) code.

The F77 stanza looks analogous to the FC stanza, so not sure what is happening. Perhaps only when a directory has bot F77 and FC code?

Hmm.  The patch was written for git master, not 1.10.2, but it should
work there, too, if I read that correctly.  I cannot reproduce it with
master and the following minimal example.  Does it expose it for you?
If no, can you try to modify it so that it does?

Thanks,
Ralf

cat >configure.ac <<'EOF'
AC_INIT([fc-tags], [1], [/dev/null])
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([foreign])
AC_PROG_F77
AC_PROG_FC
AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile])
AC_OUTPUT
EOF

cat >Makefile.am <<'EOF'
lib_LTLIBRARIES = libfoo.la
libfoo_la_SOURCES = foo.f bar.f90 baz.F bla.F90
EOF

libtoolize --force
aclocal
autoconf
automake -a
grep " --tag" Makefile.in       # looks ok to me

touch foo.f bar.f90 baz.F bla.F90
./configure
make                            # looks ok to me, too