Re: libtool 1.5.2* problem

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: libtool 1.5.2* problem
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:56:38 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Vincent Torri wrote:
I know that libtool 1.5.2* is a very old version, not maintained anymore, but i would like to know if the problem that I have is related to that version or not. I cross compile to have a Windows dll (in case it matters)

I link a lib named 'toto' against libfoo.la. In libfoo.la, in the dependency_libs variable, I have libbar.la.

but the link command that creates libtoto.dll does not mention libbar.a file, nor all the dependencies that are in dependency_libs of libfoo.la

Other than libtool "convenience" libraries (which are not used like a normal library) it is not supported to link static libraries when creating a DLL. Any static libraries need to be applied when linking programs which depend on the DLL.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn