Re: Shared libraries on AIX

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Shared libraries on AIX
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 11:18:39 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 9 May 2009, Steve Edwards wrote:

I did however find that manually adding -brtl to LDFLAGS allowed this
to work. The documentation I had available stated that -brtl is used
to "determine which algorithm will be used to find libraries", however
there was more info on the ibm site which cleared up some confusion
for me.

Libtool itself should not be adding -brtl since it should not be dictating policy. You can deal with it by having your configure script add -brtl to LDFLAGS for AIX (establishing a policy for your project), or provide instructions for the user to do so.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn