Re: libtool problem on system with 32 and 64 bit libraries

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: libtool problem on system with 32 and 64 bit libraries
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 16:36:09 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 9 May 2009, Markus Elfring wrote:

Are there any chances to improve the situation on a limited combination
of these software components?

Yes, of course. Things become much easier if you only plan to solve a subset of the problem. But we should solve the whole problem.

Can any default values be added for linker directories because of
standard file naming conventions?

It would be nice if there were standard file naming conventions. On my Solaris 10 system, the operating system uses one convention and GCC uses another. Packages may use another.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn