libtool c++ compiler for *.c source files

From: Andreas Otto
Subject: libtool c++ compiler for *.c source files
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 13:17:50 +0200

Hi,

        1.      I have a automake, autoconf and libtool build environment
        2.      I create a "C" libraray using a couple of *.c files
        3.      now I want to create a "C++" library from the same *.c input
files
        4.      I have a directoty called "src" with all the *.h and *.c files.
                        -> this directory create a libraray called libmsgque.so
        5.      for the "C++" library I have a directory called "cppmsgque"
        6.      I don't want to copy the "*.c" and "*.h" files to the
"cppmsgque"
                        directory
        7:      I allready know that I can compile and link a "C++" executable
with a "C"
                        shared library using "extern C"
                        -> but I have a reason to create a real "C++" library

Question

        1. Ilibtool don't understand the VPATH environment variable
                -> I have to prefix every *.c file with a path to the "C"
source directory
                        -> right ?

        2. how I can force the"libtool" to use the "g++" (CXX) compiler for
files
                which end with "*.c"

mfg

  Andreas Otto