Re: purpose of the c wrapper

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: Re: purpose of the c wrapper
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 10:30:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, Vincent Torri wrote:

So, the first line is the link of my real binary (evil_suite.exe), then the compilation of the c wrapper is done and is failing. If I run make install, evil_suite.exe is not installed.

This is expected behavior since the Makefile uses the wrapper binary as the target and libtool takes care of building the files in .libs as a sort of side-effect (please ignore the man behind the curtain).

If you put any file at all in place of the wrapper (e.g. 'touch evil_suite.exe') then it seems likely that make install would work.

I don't know enough about Windows CE to know if a wrapper executable can be made to work at all.

Imho, the wrapper will never work (as i can't execute Windows CE code when i'm cross-compiling) and hence is useless for that platform.

How can it be disabled when using cegcc / mingw32ce ?

Vincent Torri