Re: Removing multiple copies of ltmain.sh

From: Sam Varshavchik
Subject: Re: Removing multiple copies of ltmain.sh
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 19:40:56 -0400

Bob Friesenhahn writes:

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

Can anyone suggest a clean way to eliminate all those copies of ltmain.sh. I can always hack up a hook that replaces them with hardlinks, before the tarball gets created, but perhaps there's a better way. The catch here is

Libtool no longer uses a ltmain.sh file so maybe using a modern version is the answer to this problem.

The latest version that's available for download is 2.2.6a, and I'm running 2.2.6. I built 2.2.6a and installed it in a BUILDROOT (so as to not affect my existing 2.2.6 install).

2.2.6a installed ltmain.sh in ${datadir}/libtool/config, and running 2.2.6a's libtoolize installed a symlink to it. As far as I can tell, the latest version of libtool still uses ltmain.sh.

Are you referring to some libtoolize option that sets up an ltmain.sh-less version of libtool into my project?