Re: libtool errors "command not found" and "ignoring unknown tag"

From: Frank Lahm
Subject: Re: libtool errors "command not found" and "ignoring unknown tag"
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:06:25 +0200

Thank you very much for looking into this!

2009/6/16 Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden>
> > but I don't really understand
> > the solution proposed in [2] and therefor this doesn't really give me
> > a clue on how to fix is. A tarball with the exact package throwing the
> > error could be downloaded at [3].
>
> This tarball looks fine to me.  Without any autotools reruns you should
> never see this issue.

It turned out that exactly this is what's happening! :-/
The Debian package is applying patches to autotools file (e.g.
configure.in) but doesn't rerun the toolchain in the necessary order
to recover. I've got the package maintainer fix it.

Thanks again! Libtool rocks! ;o)
-Frank