Gentoo bug #249617 - problem with libtool, perl or unixODBC ?

From: Rafał Mużyło
Subject: Gentoo bug #249617 - problem with libtool, perl or unixODBC ?
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:06:48 +0200

Following problem is of only limited interest for me,
but I think some input from libtool people could be useful there.

unixODBC bundles libtool, as it patches it. It does that,
cause LT_GLOBAL in dlopen call causes a problem when
unixODBC is used by Perl::ODBC module.

Now, my question is: is this problem solvable without
modifing libtool and where does the problem really lie
- in unixODBC design, in the way perl handles modules
or somewhere else ?