Re: One year since last libtool release

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: One year since last libtool release
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 07:35:39 -0400

Howdy,

2009/9/19 Gary V. Vaughan <address@hidden>:
> 2009/9/18 Bob Friesenhahn <address@hidden>:
>> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
>>> Well, since no-one else seems to want the job, I'll delurk and roll a
>>> prerelease as soon as you'd like.
>>
>> it is not clear what condition libtool is actually in.  It seems time for a
>> concerted effort to test libtool on the many targets to see if anything got
>> busted.
>
> To get the ball rolling, I have access to about 35 flavors of Unix,
> with a couple of different compiler on many of them, plus the latest
> Mac OS... so I'll take one of Peter's snapshots and see what the
> testsuite shows us.

Not good news I'm afraid.  The old testsuite has half a dozen failures
or more on several machines, and the new testsuite gets stuck in an
infinite loop on some of the others :(

Rather that do a comprehensive breakdown in one email, I'll get logs
of the common failure cases in separate threads presently, and rerun
the whole testsuite on a newer snapshot when we've tackled the worst
of those.

Cheers,
    Gary
--