Re: Avoid installing .la files with libtool

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Avoid installing .la files with libtool
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 11:27:00 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Ali Abdallah wrote:

libfoo_la_LIBTOOLFLAGS = --tag=disable-static

What i'm a building is a loadable module by a specific program, so the .la file is completely useless.

I suggest that you read the libtool documentation regarding modules. Then you can decide if the .la file is completely useless. My package uses modules yet it finds the per-module .la files to be quite useful.

Your use of --tag=disable-static bewilders me but it suggests that you need to read the libtool documenation rather than trying things at random.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn