Re: GNU Libtool 2.2.7b released (2.2.8 release candidate).

From: Adam Mercer
Subject: Re: GNU Libtool 2.2.7b released (2.2.8 release candidate).
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 12:23:38 -0500

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 19:22, Gary V. Vaughan <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi

> The Libtool Team is pleased to announce release candidate 2.2.7b of GNU
> Libtool.  If there are no serious deficiencies reported in this release,
> it will be renumbered as 2.2.8 and re-released (otherwise, we'll fix
> any problems and put out 2.2.7d first).

Just updated one of my projects to use libtool-2.2.7b and configure
now fails with:

configure: error: conditional "am__fastdepCXX" was never defined.
Usually this means the macro was only invoked conditionally.

in configure.ac I was checking for a C++ compiler if a given option
was used, i.e.:

# boinc requires a c++ compiler
if test "${boinc}" = "true" ; then
  AC_PROG_CXX
fi

Always checking for a C++ compiler makes the error go away. Are
conditional checks like this bad?

Cheers

Adam