Re: Windows Patches [Was: GNU Libtool 2.2.8 released (stable)]

From: Charles Wilson
Subject: Re: Windows Patches [Was: GNU Libtool 2.2.8 released (stable)]
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 23:00:07 -0400

On 6/8/2010 6:47 AM, Christopher Hulbert wrote:
> Peter/Charles,
>   Do you have a summary of the capabilities added by your
> patches/branch

I'll let Peter speak for himself, but these are the patches in the
cygwin and mingw distributions:

* Pass various runtime library flags to GCC. (-shared-libgcc, etc)
  Apparently there is some argument here about how the various
  -shared-{runtimelib} and -static-{runtimelib} flags should be
  handled.

* [cygwin|mingw] Refine UAC support.

* [cygwin|mingw] Create UAC manifest files.
  1 file changed, 33 insertions(+)

* Refactor cwrapper cross-compile support; Add cygwin.

* [cygwin|mingw] fix dlpreopen with --disable-static take N

The UAC patches were most recently discussed, but that discussion
wandered off into the weeds of how UAC should be documented in the .info
file, and we never got back around to actually considering the patch
itself.  My plan was, once the UAC stuff was resolved, to go back to the
well and try to get the other three merged, one at a time.

Only...my ability to participate is somewhat bursty.  When those bursts
are expended on...bikeshedding...it saps my will to continue bloodying
my forehead against the brick wall.  So...there we have sat, for the
past few months, since my most recent burst.

--
Chuck