Re: libtool documentation missing Index.html

From: Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon
Subject: Re: libtool documentation missing Index.html
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 05:34:55 +0000

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 07:13:03AM +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Hello Carlo,

Ralf,

> * Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon wrote on Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 12:37:15AM CEST:
> > As can be seen by clicking on the HTML or HTML compressed (gzip tar) links
> > in :
> >
> >   http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/
> >
> > funny enough is not a bug on gendocs.sh or the documentation itself as I
> > hadn't been able to reproduce it but probably just that the process was
> > executed on a case sensitive filesystem (maybe a MAC) and therefore blowed
> > away the documentation index (index.html) with the concept index
> > (Index.html)
>
> Thanks for the report and analysis, that seems about right I guess.
> I replaced the files now with regenerated ones.

the file libtool.html_node.tar.gz which is linked for download as explained
above also needs to be updated with the new version that has both "index"
files.

also, just curious, but noticed that the CVS tree wasn't updated before
(except for some individual files) when 2.2.10 was released and therefore
was obviously not reflecting what was visible in the site (since it had
both files) so I wasn't sure if maybe there might be other issue where
the website tree has been accidentally clovered :

  http://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/libtool/manual/?root=libtool

Carlo