Re: 2.4 Release in 24hrs

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: 2.4 Release in 24hrs
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 15:55:52 +0700

Hallo Ralf,

On 19 Sep 2010, at 14:40, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> * Gary V. Vaughan wrote on Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 06:03:19AM CEST:
>> I'm planning to make the belated 2.4 release in about 24 hours.
>
> Great!
>
>> If there is any reason you'd like me to hold off for a bit longer,
>> please speak up now!
>
> I don't know of any confirmed regression that we have analyzed and a
> patch for.  IOW, anything else can be addressed after the release.

Excellent. Only 19 hours left to get me to hold off then... ;o)

> Please send a message to the list though right when you require no more
> changes to the tree though; there still the odd testsuite issue or two
> in new tests, and while with git, it is not a problem if we push
> something while you create the release (in that case you can still merge
> origin/master afterwards, instead of rebase origin/master), it would be
> nicer to not have this.

Git will send a message to the list when I push the prerelease patch
to set the version numbers in configure.ac, libltdl/configure.ac and
NEWS.

At that point, please don't push anything until I commit postrelease
patch that resets the version numbers to 2.4.1a, which will probably
come less than an hour later (depending on how long the final `make
distcheck' needs on my build machine).

Gary V. Vaughan (address@hidden)