Re: 2.4 Release in 24hrs

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: 2.4 Release in 24hrs
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 15:05:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

The 'make' used is GNU make 3.79.1.

Yeah, that has the same bug.

There is a 'mingw32-make' which
is GNU make 3.82, but does not seem to work under MSYS.

That one's not for you, normally.  IIUC it's for the development of, not
with, MSYS.

It is not an 'msys' application since it is delivered with the MinGW compiler rather than with 'msys'. As such, it must be a "native" application similar to my own attempt to build a working 'make'.

I am curious to know what is causing the libtool test suite to work for other people using "MinGW" (a continually evolving/varying environment) and not for me.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn