Re: GNU Libtool 2.4 released [stable]

From: Alon Bar-Lev
Subject: Re: GNU Libtool 2.4 released [stable]
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 22:22:32 +0200

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Charles Wilson
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Please, over the past three months there were hundreds of messages
> discussing sysroot and how it shoold be handled.  While libtool's
> support is not yet complete, what IS there is the result of those
> discussions.  Please read them; I have a suspicion you don't quite grok
> what sysroot is really FOR, so your assumptions about how it
> should/shouldn't/does/doesn't work are somewhat flawed.

You assume wrong.
I use cross compilers as much as I use native ones.
This why I waited and followed for long libtool's lacking support in
these environments.
I guess you know better and sure that all OK, this ends the discussion
before it started.

Anyway, sysroot and cross compile sysroot can be the same, however,
making the cross compiler sysroot dirty, may cause undesirable
results, especially in build machines. Here comes the DESTDIR to the
rescue.

But you know better...

Alon.