Re: Problem with deplibs

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Problem with deplibs
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 19:15:20 +0100

Hello Bruno,

* Bruno Barberi Gnecco wrote on Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 08:47:08PM CET:
>       I'm facing a problem compiling a library with libtool (via
> automake/autoconf). It depends on OpenCV, and deplibs links against
> all indirect libraries as well (that is, it adds the libs such as
> "/usr/lib64/libhighgui.so /usr/lib64/libgthread-2.0.so
> /usr/lib64/libgtk-x11-2.0.so /usr/lib64/libgdk-x11-2.0.so").
>
>       For some reason this breaks the application (don't ask me why, the
> cameras just stop working). All I need is to link only against the
> libraries I specify. I though "link_all_deplibs=no" in configure.in
> would achieve this, but it has no effect at all.

You need to provide more information for us to be able to help.

If I were you, I'd start trying to find out why additional DT_NEEDED
entries would break an application.  That usually only happens because
incompatible library versions, or even multiple versions of a library,
are linked in.  Looking at make output, esp. the libtool --mode=link
commands and all output they generate, can help here.

In order to judge whether link_all_deplibs=no works or not, we'd need to
see, in addition to said build output, probably also the contents of the
created .la file, plus that of the .la files that belong to libraries
that are linked in.  This data is usually contained in the output of the
--mode=link command with --debug added as first libtool argument (gzip
large outputs).

Also, './libtool --config' output is usually helpful.

Hope that helps.