Re: adding conditionally a c++ file implies static linking with g++

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: Re: adding conditionally a c++ file implies static linking with g++
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 22:45:30 +0100 (CET)

Hey,

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

* Vincent Torri wrote on Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 12:55:27AM CET:

Now, i've remarked a side effect. What I'm building is a shared lib
that is only opened by dlopen. So I pass --tag=disable-static to
pdf_la_LIBTOOLFLAGS. When using foo_LINK, the static lib is build,
hence installed. Is there a way to forbid the build of the static
lib.

Of course, I can always delete it during install with the
install-data-hook rule, but i would like to not build it.

Please show a small full example, that way it is easier to see what code
exactly you have, and what is happening.

I have attached it.

Vincent Torri