Re: libtool doesn't process LD_FLAGS arguments properly

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: libtool doesn't process LD_FLAGS arguments properly
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 18:18:01 +0700

On 23 Nov 2010, at 18:02, Gavrilov, Roman wrote:
I’m using libtool to build xerces3 & Xquilla both use libtool to build the
library.
> It seems that libtool doesn’t process arguments properly especially those
> that contain space in the arguments for example –Wl,rpath-link{SPACE}PATH.

Try:

  libtool ... -Wl,-rpath-link -Wl,PATH

or:

  libtool ... -Xlinker -rpath-link -Xlinker PATH

If PATH also has spaces in it, libtool will probably get confused (shell
scripts are extremely difficult to get right with embedded spaces).  You can
work around that by creating a soft-link to a new path with no spaces in it,
and then pass *that* path in to libtool.

Gary V. Vaughan (address@hidden)