Re: How does one specify linking to 64 bit libraries when there is a cho

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: How does one specify linking to 64 bit libraries when there is a choice?
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 11:56:40 +0100

Hello,

When a work subscription to libtool and a home subscription to
guile-devel collide...

On Mon 20 Dec 2010 05:40, Noah Lavine <address@hidden> writes:

> I found the file that pkg-config will be using to give you this
> information. It is meta/guile-<version number>.pc in my Guile source
> tree. Furthermore, I think it's safe to assume that it is generated
> from meta/guile-<version number>.pc.in.

I think with 1.8, which is what Nelson is trying to build, it's still a
fairly thick thing.

>> On 12/17/10 11:57, Nelson H. F. Beebe wrote:
>>> /usr/local/bin/guile-config still reported -L/usr/local/lib.

Usually if you have 64-bit libs in lib64, you have to pass --libdir
explicitly.

So you would configure guile using:

    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --libdir=/usr/local/lib64

If you still get /usr/local/lib coming out in guile's configure, you may
have a libtool-related issue, but I doubt it.

Cheers,

ANdy